Tuesday 16 March 2010

An Exotic Experiment

I've seen ginger for sale in a few garden centres recently, and decided to give it a go. After reading up online about it, I've gone down the thrifty route and bought some ginger from my local supermarket. According to most of the articles online, there is barely any difference between ginger from the supermarket or the garden centre - apart from the price!

I soaked it in a bowl overnight, then planted it in a deep pot. Since ginger is an exotic plant, I'll be keeping it in the greenhouse where it can be in a nice hot, humid environment. Despite the fact that I only planted it a couple of days ago, I'm already inspecting the soil regularly, looking for signs of growth. I use ginger in most of my cooking, so I really hope I manage to pull this off.

No comments:

Post a Comment